Mob feeds : Healthy Satay Chicken
by Tahnee Edwards·
Casey is a proud Gunditjmara woman and one of the best cooks I know! Here's her healthy take on a Satay Chicken.
I love food and cooking and this recipe is just one of many delicious meals I like too cook and share with friends and family.
The recipe is super easy, and cost effective by using any vegetables you have in the fridge along with all the other ingredients you would find in the your pantry.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbs crunchy peanut butter (I used Mayvers brand)
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 -2 cups of any veg you like (I used capsicum, zucchini, carrot, onion, bok choy, Broccoli)
- 2 cups of quinoa (can use white or brown rice)
- Heat oil in fry pan and stir fry your vegetables. Depending on what you choose, cook hard vegetables for two-three minutes first before you had soft vegetables. Stir fry for further three minutes.
- Once cooked through, put vegetables aside in bowl.
- Then fry chicken strips in oil until golden.
- Mix together coconut milk, peanut butter, chilli sauce and chicken stock. Pour over chicken.
- Add the vegetables to the fry pan.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Do not overcook. (If you find it’s a little thick, add some water)
- Serve with boiled quinoa.